1972 Nissan Skyline 2000GT "KGC10"
- Modification vehicle of KPGC10 (Latter model of GT-R)
- Engine over-bored from L28(N42) to 3.1ℓ by Racing Service AOYAGI
- Equipped with Kameari Engine Works made piston and camshaft
- Converted to “big valves” and the head surface has been grinded
- Equipped with a NISMO LSD “R200”
The late model GT-R (KPGC10) based on the two-door hardtop model, was added to the lineup following the minor changes of C10 Nissan Skyline in 1970. It was a rare model with only 1,197 units limited production. In addition to the GT-R (KPGC10) with the S20 engine, there was also a model with the L20 engine in the Skyline model in the lineup at that time.
This vehicle is produced as 2000GT (KGC10) with an L20 engine, but it was upgraded and certified to an L28 (N42) engine. The L28 (N42) engine was bored up to 3.1ℓ by Racing Service AOYAGI in Fukuoka, Japan. The pistons and camshafts made by Kameari Engine Works are installed, and the big valve conversion and head surface grinding are finished as well. It also comes with the Weber’s 48φ carburetor and the exhaust system is equipped with all stainless steel 50φ dual muffler.
The suspension has been modified to achieve a sportier driving performance, with coilovers, 4-pot calipers on the front, and Recaro’s sports seats in the front which has a high holding property.